We asked our story contributors for their tips for other women returners. These are some of their words of advice:
Finding a role
1. "Set aside your ego - think about the level of work that you'll be doing in the job rather than the title"
3. "Prioritise what is important for you: what makes work worthwhile and what you want to hold on to in your personal life"
4. "Tell everyone you know that you are looking & don't undervalue your friends and family as contacts. Bypass recruitment agents and go direct"
5. "Consider starting small and getting yourself and your family used to working before ramping up"
6. "Buy some new work clothes so you feel you fit in and get a confidence boost"
7. "Don't underestimate your ability to learn fast when you do return - you did it before and you still can now!"
8. "Don't feel you have to know everything when you go back. Technology is changing so fast that people are always learning new systems ... and you can always Google what you don't know!"
9. "Don't be ashamed of being a mother and your career break"
10. "Believe in yourself, be brave and give it a go!"
Posted by Julianne
Other related posts
Ideas for routes back to work
How do I find a high level flexible role?
7 tips for your return to work after a career break