The Government Equalities Office has recently published a Returner Toolkit which we co-wrote with our friends at Timewise.
This amazing free resource has 51 pages of advice and tips - it's a A-Z for returning to work. We'd encourage everyone to have a look at it, whatever stage you're at in the return to work journey. You can start from the beginning and work through it, or dip in and out of the stages that are most relevant to you.
You'll find advice, ideas and information to help you on a range of topics:
- setting yourself up for success
- building your work confidence
- getting clear on your career direction
- updating your skills and knowledge
- finding job opportunities
- exploring options for flexible working
- writing your CV and cover letter
- preparing for interviews
- negotiating effectively
- getting ready to return to work
There is also a detailed 'resources and signposts' section with links to lots of organisations and resources for general advice, thinking about returning to work, preparing to return and returning to work.
You can access the free toolkit via GOV.UK here.
Sign up to our free network for more advice, support and job opportunities. You’ll find much more help and advice on our website.